Friday, February 12, 2010

Why Manny Villar?

When I think of Sen. Villar of today, I think of gimmicks, money, strategies, ads, artist endorsements, dolphy, OFW - but a leader should be more than coming up with strategies. What he is not - above reproach, transparent, clear. He reminds me of this current administration, which I used to support.

His Advertising and PR agencies have done and is doing a remarkable job. They did their homework - but for what price? To become more likable? To become more like 'artista?' For Sen. Villar - he only makes me ask more questions than answers and it's really sad and all these artistas and gimmicks are there to bury the issue.

Trust is earned not through ads. His ads, his jingles, his recorded messages, and pasted smiles can't make me believe that he's GENUINELY doing things to help the poor, the economy, this country.

The only power I see when he gets elected are the power of frustration from those dissatisfied voters who gave their trust in May 10.

Can I really trust him? If there's doubt then he cannot have my vote. It's that simple.


Acknowledgement: Thanks to this site for the image of Manny Villar's photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment